Friday, January 8, 2016

Marketing Topic #2

          While I was searching through commercials I realized what I was looking for. something different out of the ordinary something you think you would never see on an add. Well I found that add. Something with drive, determination, and inspiration to inspire the uninspired.
         In most Nike adds you find physically fit athletes doing what they do best. But in this case you find an ordinary person not physically fit not the most athletic motivating himself to be the best he can be and to never give up. This add caught my attention cause it was not a normal Nike add you would see. Being so simple and ordinary made it a remarkable add. I feel the add would be the Purple Cow that Seth Godin talks about. The plain ordinary cow would be your typical Nike add with Athletes competing and showing the brand, but this add a simple person just jogging raise questions as to why, what, where.
          As i went from Add to Add never finishing a full add because they all seemed similar, but this one caught my eye.The simplicity of the add was remarkable to me showing me that it the simple things in life that can caught someones eye and hold there attention. But wait is it really Simple? Is what may have been simple in the past not so simple or ordinary in the future. What I take from this is that nothing can stop anyone from what drives them to become who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment